An artist friend wrote yesterday to pass along a link she knew I”d love, and ooooohhhhhhh was she right. “40 Inspiring workspaces of th Famously Creative,” originally posted on Buzzfeed by Summer Anne Burton. It’s brilliant.
Maureen O’Neill, a talented artist and friend living in Tarboro, NC, wrote yesterday to pass along a link she knew I’d love, and oooohhhhhh was she right. “40 Inspiring Workspaces of the Famously Creative,” originally posted on Buzzfeed by Summer Anne Burton. URL links to all below. I also asked Maureen if I might post a photo of her own studio space, and she obliged with this luminous photo. The Buzzfeed post follows. Enjoy, and let me know what you think.
Btw, I’m still digging out from The Move and other writing deadlines but will be back on my own blogging two feet shortly… Meanwhile thanks Maureen, and of course Summer Anne and Buzzfeed!
1. Mark Twain, author and humorist.
2. Georgia O’Keefe, painter.
3. E.B. White, writer.
4. Alexander Calder, sculptor.
5. Roald Dahl, children’s author.
6. Nikki McClure, illustrator.
7. Martin Amis, novelist.
8. Adrian Tomine, graphic novelist.
9. Virginia Woolf, novelist.
10. Willem de Kooning, artist.
11. Chip Kidd, book cover designer.
12. Amanda Hesser, food writer.
13. Ray Eames, designer and artist.
14. Joan Miró, artist.
15. Nigella Lawson, food writer.
16. Marc Johns, illustrator.
17. Susan Sontag, writer and filmmaker.
19. John Lennon & Yoko Ono, songwriters and artists.
20. Marc Chagall, painter.
21. John Updike, writer.
22. Paul Cézanne, painter.
23. Colm Tóibín, writer.
24. David Hockney, painter.
25. William Buckley, author and commentator.
26. Charlotte Bronte, novelist and poet.
27. Yves Saint Laurent, fashion designer.
28. Yoshitomo Nara, artist.
29. Will Self, writer.
30. Francis Bacon, painter.
31. Anne Sexton, poet.
32. Orla Kiely, fashion designer.
33. Jane Austen, novelist.
34. Lisa Congdon, illustrator.
35. Susan Orlean, journalist.
36. Rudyard Kipling, author.
37. Jackson Pollock, painter.
38. Ruth Reichl, food writer.
39. George Bernard Shaw, playwright.
40. Mark Rothko, painter.