Here’s something fun everybody can do at Thanksgiving that does not involve a football, a television, a parade float, a stick of butter, or even an iPad. Seriously! Start a new family tradition! Does not contain trans-fats! Good for you and good for your brain. And did I mention fun… Are you puzzled??? (wink, wink) Continue reading
Bee Cottage Has a Book Deal!
Ladies and gentlemen, we pause from our erratically scheduled blog to announce yours truly has signed with Skyhorse Publishing for a book about Bee Cottage. I am tickled. And terrified. Skyho...
July 20, 2014
The Best Berry Cobbler Ever
Here's the perfect, scrumptious, super-easy summer dessert. Seven ingredients, melt, mix, pour, bake, boom. Recipe below. Berries, image via Driscoll's Organic Berries Recipe hails from f...
July 17, 2014
Summer Supper in the Garden
At least once a summer I like to have dinner in the garden where we do it up. So we did it up last weekend. Bee Cottage - summer supper in the garden The occasion here is for Jane Scott Ho...
July 14, 2014
Postcard From Italy No. 2–High Speed Chase Through Vasari Corridor
Notes from travels earlier this summer… In our last episode, our hero, aka His Grace my husband, was foiled by his devout but conniving wife in his valiant attempt to visit Italy without da...
July 9, 2014
A Gallop Through the Getty, and Jackson Pollock’s Mural
I promised you a gallop through the Getty Center in Los Angeles, and a gallop it shall be. The place is so large and the collections so extensive that you must gallop, or at least briskly trot, t...
Mar 28, 2014
The Inimitable Frances Dittmer
The small charter plane went missing on Wednesday afternoon, February 5, somewhere between Puerto Vallarta and Careyes, Mexico. When the smoldering wreckage was found Thursday, worst fears were confir...
Feb 13, 2014
Comfort Food for Company – Linguini and Sausage Casserole
We like this linguini and sausage dish anytime of day. Seriously, breakfast, lunch or dinner. It is just as good the next day (if there's any left), and if you eat it standing up in front of the fridg...
Mar 11, 2014
Planning a Wedding? Going to One? Please Read This.
You won't often hear me beg. But there is knowledge which, if possessed by all nuptial-bound humanity, would make the world a better place. That knowledge is etiquette. And etiquette is about manners,...
Apr 5, 2014
Scot Meacham Wood’s Divine San Fran Abode
Been telling myself for weeks: Must tout wonders of Scot Meacham Wood's divine San Francisco apartment, even though it's been out a while, as in the Dec/Jan issue of House Beautiful, written by m...
Jan 29, 2014
- "I love the idea of having herbs in bouquets. I've never done that before! Definitely will now :) Good luck getting the book all squared away. I know a"
Kristy Woodson Harvey
- "Frances that will be wonderful !!!"
- "Miss Frances, LOVE the Bee book, so looking forward to it! Any chance you will be doing a book signing in our fair neck of the woods? Have been on maj"
- "Thrilled about the book....love the roses in the cordials. Have really enjoyed seeing the pictures of Bee Cottage garden on Instagram...xo Becky"
- "Congratulations Frances!! I know whatever you choose for a sub title will be beautiful just as is everything you do in your life. You just have a way"
- "Very Exciting .. A wonderful chronicle of life!"
- "Bee-autifil post! More congrats!"
- "I am so excited to see your new book!! My last name is Beasley, so I love bees as well. I buy anything decorated with them...they are all over my ho"
- "Frances, I have been on an installation...but squealed when I read the post that your beloved Bee Cottage would be an upcoming book for us all to cher"
- "Hi there...this is a go to favorite of mine but doubled..I am confused though as this recipe says baking SODA.And, mine is powder. At the end of this"