Here’s something fun everybody can do at Thanksgiving that does not involve a football, a television, a parade float, a stick of butter, or even an iPad. Seriously! Start a new family tradition! Does not contain trans-fats! Good for you and good for your brain. And did I mention fun… Are you puzzled??? (wink, wink) Continue reading
The Best Berry Cobbler Ever
Here's the perfect, scrumptious, super-easy summer dessert. Seven ingredients, melt, mix, pour, bake, boom. Recipe below. Berries, image via Driscoll's Organic Berries Recipe hails from f...
July 17, 2014
Summer Supper in the Garden
At least once a summer I like to have dinner in the garden where we do it up. So we did it up last weekend. Bee Cottage - summer supper in the garden The occasion here is for Jane Scott Ho...
July 14, 2014
Postcard From Italy No. 2–High Speed Chase Through Vasari Corridor
Notes from travels earlier this summer… In our last episode, our hero, aka His Grace my husband, was foiled by his devout but conniving wife in his valiant attempt to visit Italy without da...
July 9, 2014
Reading This Book Will Make You Happier–and Less Cluttered
You cannot read Everything That Remains without changing how you think about your life--and your stuff--and without doing something about it, which will make room for more joy in your life. ...
June 30, 2014
A Gallop Through the Getty, and Jackson Pollock’s Mural
I promised you a gallop through the Getty Center in Los Angeles, and a gallop it shall be. The place is so large and the collections so extensive that you must gallop, or at least briskly trot, t...
Mar 28, 2014
The Inimitable Frances Dittmer
The small charter plane went missing on Wednesday afternoon, February 5, somewhere between Puerto Vallarta and Careyes, Mexico. When the smoldering wreckage was found Thursday, worst fears were confir...
Feb 13, 2014
Comfort Food for Company – Linguini and Sausage Casserole
We like this linguini and sausage dish anytime of day. Seriously, breakfast, lunch or dinner. It is just as good the next day (if there's any left), and if you eat it standing up in front of the fridg...
Mar 11, 2014
Planning a Wedding? Going to One? Please Read This.
You won't often hear me beg. But there is knowledge which, if possessed by all nuptial-bound humanity, would make the world a better place. That knowledge is etiquette. And etiquette is about manners,...
Apr 5, 2014
Scot Meacham Wood’s Divine San Fran Abode
Been telling myself for weeks: Must tout wonders of Scot Meacham Wood's divine San Francisco apartment, even though it's been out a while, as in the Dec/Jan issue of House Beautiful, written by m...
Jan 29, 2014
- "How exciting! There is something very special about Bee Cottage. It immediately got my attention in the original article and since then have followed "
- "Congratulations Frances!! Cannot wait!!"
Sarah | Live The Life You Dream About
- "Frances, I knew it!! I am so happy for you…exactly as it should be! :)
- "I've followed your cottage since HG days and can't wait to read it. Please include plans and general costs. I think the "muddle" title reaches out t"
- "Frances,apsolutely the most beautiful party,thank you for sharing,you are truly so talented,again I must say your wonderful Mother ,Ruth, would be so "
Mary Wayne Dixon
- "Yay! This is so, so exciting!! Can't wait to read it :)"
Kristy Woodson Harvey
- "Hey Frances.
So darn happy for you!! You do have a book in you!
Do Less Bee More?!
Lanier Brown May
- "You are a Goddess among us! So deserving. Letter "B" invites me in! That Jeff MacNelly was some kinda' genius with his wit and drawings. I am not sure"
- "Oh Frances, Congrats!!!! This is awesome. I can't wait to read it. I so enjoy your work. Much love to you!! Julie"
- "Goodness! Maybe you shouldn't ask us readers what we think! We all have an opinion. I am for Title B. I love the "Muddle" part. I also like "Just"